Monday, June 4, 2012

June 4th


Sorry this is so late...(There was a staff meeting until 4:30. Then I had physio. After that I had to mow the lawn before it rains again.  I hope this is a good enough excuse?)  If  you don't have time to do this tonight, you can do this Tuesday in class and tomorrow night with the next 20 photos.  
Review the photos that we saw today #1-20.  Look at your 'feelings' graphs and choose the one that evoked the strongest emotion.   Try to explain to your classmates the parts of the photo that made the difference.  If it was because of a connection to the event itself, then describe why.



















Respond to this homework blog tonight or tomorrow. We will view the next 20 tomorrow, so feel free to respond again tomorrow.  I just love reading your views.

35 comments:

  1. the photo that made me feel the strongest was photo #6, the photo with the dog sitting by the grave of her master. it made me feel very sad because the dog is just sitting there waiting for her master to come back, when he/she will never come back because he/she is dead. :(

    the other photo that gave me the strongest feeling is photo #12, of the dog from the tsunami being reunited with his/her owner. this photo made me feel happy because the dog ACTUALLY survived the tsunami, and the look on the owners face just LOOKS so happy, and last, the dog is just so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo strongest was photo #14 with the photo of the man crying and his relative waving back at him since they only got to see each other for three days.
    It was the strongest photo I saw because the man crying looked really sad that he got to see his 9(6) relatives for only three days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, the strongest photo was #6. How devoted the dog is to her owner to sit at a grave for days on end without food or water. And it's really sad because the dog doesn't know what's happened to her master.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly agree with you, after all, the dog has no clue what has happened to her owner, so she is just going to sit there waiting for him/her to come back. :(

      Delete
  4. In my opinion, the strongest photo was #6. the dog doesn't know what's happened to her master. and it just made me feel horrible the dog without any food or water for 2 days straight i hope that dog finds a nice home, or will she sit there until old age :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, it is sad that the dog is just sitting there, waiting for her master to come back, even when her master is dead.

      Delete
  5. In my opinion, the strongest picture was #6. I felt sad because the dog's owner died and I feel really upset because the dog does not have a home anymore because its owner died, the dog does not know what happened to its owner. I hope the dog will be able to have at least a drink of water and food so it can survive. D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo that was strongest to me was the picture with John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr. saluting his dad.
    It shows that he knew that his dad was assassinated. I have never had the feeling of no dad before and it probably hurts more if your dad was the President of the United States of America.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me the strongest photo was #6 because the dog is sitting there waiting for her owner to come get her, which will never happen and the dog is probably going to die there waiting for her owner to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel that the dog at his owners grave was the strongest because the dog had no place to call home because the owner died and he didn't know what happened.


    Cameron M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought that photo #9 of J.F. Kennedy Jr was a really strong picture because of how out of place he looked at the funeral and how serious he looked while the photo was being taken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok. for EVERYONE that feels that photo #6 is a very strong photo, I AGREE with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah number 6 was really strong.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Number 2 was with the man and the tank was sad. Imagine all the people he killed with his tank.

    ReplyDelete
  13. like:i think # 8 is really strong because it's jewish people escape

    ReplyDelete
  14. number 1 was strong to me beacause the preist is just trying to finish the pray befor he passes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I felt the one with the dog and his owner after the tsunami was very powerful

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that #6 is the strongest because of the emptiness in the background. Also that the dog looks so sad and like it doesn't know what is happened to it's master. This is a very powerful photo in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought that the one with the man kneeling next to the tank was very strong because he was probably having flash backs of when he was in the war. Also I think he was thinking of the people he killed and their families.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For me, photo #11 is the most powerful; the North Korean man weeped after finally seeing his family from South Korea for three days. I have a personal text-to-self connection to this picture; my only aunt and grandfather had moved to Saskatchewan for their new job and won't be seeing them for some time, so I have a better understanding of how this man feels. Being separated from your family is like having a puzzle with missing pieces. My family is the puzzle and the missing pieces are my aunt and grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that #12 is the strongest picture. This picture is of the little boy saluting his father.
    I feel this way because i have a father that was in the army for years. Losing him would be devestating
    just looking at the boy and thinking how young he is. He must be very strong to be at his fathers funeral.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like the majority of students are choosing an animal photo as their most powerful. Isn't it amazing how humans are so emotionally attached to animals, sometimes more than to humans.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would say the dog next to the grave is the most powerful picture because of how much the dog cared for his owner

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would also say the dog sitting next to the grave is the most powerful because it shows how much the dog cares for its owner even after his death.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I found #20 very powerful. This was the picture where the prisoner in the concentration camp had the guts to go up to the officer (forget his name but he was very famous for his torturing ways)and stare at him, knowing very well that he could be shot at any second. But what really touched me was the fact that after he escaped, he came back to that horrible place where he was tortured, beaten and starved. Why? He came back 200 times just to meet with his true love, a german woman he had fallen in love with while staying there. Just imagine what true love can do...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes...love conquers all! It amazes me how he managed to meet her so many times without being caught again.

      Delete
  24. Number #15 was powerful. It was a picture of a dog beside he owners grave. It sad that the dog dosn't know what is happining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok, two things, it was photo #6, and I agree that it was a very powerful photo, where the dog has no idea that her owner will never come back to see her.

      Delete
  25. # 8 because the dog at the grave

    ReplyDelete
  26. #6 was strongest for me because the owner of the dog died and the dog is guarding its corpse and the dog doesnt even know that the owner died! Can you imagine how sad that would be? I feel very sad for that dog and its owner. :(

    ReplyDelete
  27. #2 was powerful because the people got released from the concentration camps. It was nice to see them get released.

    ReplyDelete
  28. To me #12 has really stuck out the most to me because of the mans emotion and looks on his face. The tears of joy and happiness really changed my mood to how lucky this dog is to survive. If that was me just being reunited with my dog I would have the same looks and emotion as that man had. What happened at Japan is devastating but it was all worth waiting for the man to be back with his dog.

    ReplyDelete
  29. #13 was strongest one because the two men cannot be together over than three days even though they're family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what you mean Joe. #13 is the photo of the little boy who is running to hold his dad's hand as he leaves for war.

      Delete