Sunday, June 24, 2012
Add your photo if you have it on your flashdrive and comment about your goal and the techniques used to take this effective shot.
What would you say for this photo? (Thanks Paige)
See my example for the bee from gmail June 9th: I chose this image because it demonstrates many of the aspects we discussed. I notice how the bee's eye is in the top right third. That meets the 'rule of thirds' criteria and is my focal point. I love the fact that I can see the lines of the bee's body and the fine details such as its antennas and translucent wings. I also like the clarity and close-up of the flower. I prefer action shots to still life. This is an action shot of two biotic organisms interacting and it creates an energy when I view this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I would say that the photo of the yellow flower (that is the photo we're talking about, right?) followed the rule of thirds pretty well, the link between the chain along with the flower bud are perfectly situated at the top right third with another link and a piece of brown material running across the bottom of the screen. Additionally, the yellow of the bud contrasts with the black of the fence and the green of the field which makes the flower stand out more.
ReplyDeleteVery thoughtful comments
DeleteI think that Paige's photo is very effective to look at because where the flower and the chain-link fence are totally follow the rule of thirds. I really like how all the other flowers are blurred out in the background, which makes the yellow flower in the foreground the focal point, but I find that when I look at Paige's picture, the little piece of dried grass in the bottom right corner is really distracting me from the yellow flower.
ReplyDeleteI think that Paige's photo is following the rule of thirds. She used the macro effect to blur out every flower except the the flower that the shot is focused on. The "stick" below it does kind of distract me. I also like how she put yellow on black so the yellow stands out more.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you and Giratina about the dried grass...it is a bit distracting.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletewhy did you delete the comment?
DeleteThey probably were responding to Paige's photo...which was for practice.
DeleteI really like Paige's picture, It follows the rule of thirds and I think it is a good example for people to see what an effective picture looks like. I like how it is focused on the flower. When I look at the picture I am sometimes more focused on the stick. Good picture.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI like the juxtaposition of the flower and chain link fence. ( Look that up in the dictionary).
ReplyDelete