Monday, May 14, 2012

Homework: Comment from students on mosaic art


You have been studying and experimenting with line and colour in Art.  Watch the video (see link below) on Elements and Principles in Art and discuss on this email which of these elements and principles were used when making your tile mosaic art.  I would also be interested in hearing about what was successful for you, what you learned and what you would do differently next time.
Elements and principles of art.

13 comments:

  1. the successful things for my mosaic tile art were the texture and colour principles, along with the contrasting colour consept of the entire thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you talking about the contrast of your colour, especially since that was a focus of ours in our colour unit.

      Delete
  2. The successful things on my mosaic tile art was the colour, variety of shapes, the space and the pattern my tiles were arranged in.


    Charlie. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. the successful things on my mosaic were probably value of the tiles and shape of the tiles and maybe a bit of pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Succssful things on my mosaic were most likely space colour variety and a little bit of the pattern.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The successful things on my mosaic tile art was the variety of shapes, and patterns i used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I successfully made a variety of shapes and colours, while learning how to space appropriately with value. Next time I would try to make my pattern more interesting with the texture and lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou for mentioning these principles and elements. I would find it more interesting to read your explanation of how value would affect your spacing or what would you do differently with texture and lines to improve your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. {like}i think the mosaic on this video was texter and the coloer that he or she did but the word space it has i bit more coloer then the others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I liked about the mosaics was the spacing as it wasn't to far apart or too close, and the shapes were pretty neat too. I'm not sure what they meant by "value" but the picture they gave had some shading, there was no shading on the mosaics. I only had two colours on my mosaic (excluding grout and the mirror) and using those two colours I could probably have made a better pattern. The texture for these is rough for the grout, smooth for the white pieces and hard for the other pieces.
    -Homestar Runner

    ReplyDelete
  10. the successful principles about my tile art was texture and colour principles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I found successful with my mosaic is how even though I only used three neutral colours the blue I added among them really gave it a pop of colour. As for texture I would have liked to use a variety of shapes instead of the normal jagged edged. Maybe a square a rectangle would have been nice. ( well I guess those are my next steps) Overall I enjoyed the experience and learned many techniques on shapes and texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea. I think it depends on the mood you are trying to create. The jagged edges when 'puzzled together' really gave the mosaic a natural look but again it is a matter of preference. I thought it was funny how not many students followed their original design. So glad you enjoyed the experience!

    ReplyDelete